• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Help with Log and Transfer in FCP7

Reaction score
I use to go to the Log and Transfer option under File in FCP and I use to have two windows, one that showed all the movie files on my camera as a list, and another window that showed the clip I had selected in a movie player. I have no idea what I did, but when I go to Log and Transfer now the only window that comes up is a large version of the Play window. How do I get back the window that shows all the clips on my camera as a list??

I am new to FCP so I am sorry for my ignorance.

Thank you all for your time in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
it sounds like you've stretched the playback screen.

If it's the same as on FCP6 there are 2 ways to solve the problem -

1) the quick and dirty way - in the lower left corner where the window resize edge is, left click and hold and drag the window a little - on FCP6 at least, it causes the window to return to a default layout just before resizing the overall window. if that doesn't work...

2) look at the left edge of the L&T window, do you see a thicker border bar? if you do, look about 1/2 down the window you may see 2 parallel lines, move your cursor there, your cursor should turn to either a double arrow or one that points to the left - click and drag to the left. It may take dragging half way across the window, but it should snap open for you.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks again for your help Nethfel, the second step worked perfect, the window snapped back into view:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Good deal - plus I must have been tired last night when I said in option 1 lower left corner, I meant lower right :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.