Perl Script Problems

Reaction score
I am having some problems about the same and i don't know what else to do, i have a script that was running just fine, but after i upgraded perl from 5.8.6 to 5.10.0 y i'm getting this error:

Can't locate package Exporter for @Net::IPAddress::ISA at ./Perl-1.pl line 4

Net::IPAddress is installed on /Library/Perl/5.10.0/Net/

any thoughts?

thanks

Mario

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Is this under Snow Leopard? If so, check out this Daringfireball article. In it he mentions that you need to tell the system, via a variable, if you want 5.10 to run as 32-bit or 64-bit because in Snow Leopard the default is 64-bit, which that Net stuff may not be compatible with.

If not Snow Leopard, then I'm at a loss at this time.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you are running Snow Leopard, it could very well be linked to the fact that Perl is now executed as a 64-bit application as alluded to by xstep. It has caused me problems with Python and wxPython as wxPython only works with 32-bit Python ATM.

As per the man page, execute the following to force Perl to execute as a 32-bit binary:
Code:
defaults write com.apple.versioner.perl Prefer-32-Bit -bool yes
Give that a try to see if it fixes your problem. This solution though is only applicable to Snow Leopard.

Reaction score
If you are running Snow Leopard, it could very well be linked to the fact that Perl is now executed as a 64-bit application as alluded to by xstep. It has caused me problems with Python and wxPython as wxPython only works with 32-bit Python ATM.

As per the man page, execute the following to force Perl to execute as a 32-bit binary:
Code:
defaults write com.apple.versioner.perl Prefer-32-Bit -bool yes
Give that a try to see if it fixes your problem. This solution though is only applicable to Snow Leopard.

I guessed that there had to be a clever workaround for this that didn't involve re-compiling or bizarre third-party sources of mySQL or DBD::mysql. And you found it. I registered just to say thanks for posting this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.