Mouse scroll sensitivity

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina 13", iMac G4, eMac G4, PowerMac G5, iBook G3, Mac Mini G4, iPod Classic, iPadAir2
I installed Windows 7 on my iMac last night using boot camp, and it's working cooshty, except for I've noticed that the scroll wheel on my Microsoft Laser Desktop 6000 mouse has gone uber-sensitive on Mac OS X 10.6.1.

I have no idea what has caused it. I can't scroll down pages properly anymore using the scroll wheel that I'm so used to, as it will scroll from the top to the bottom of the page instantly. I've set the mouse scroll speed to the slowest possible setting in System Preferences and it's still too quick...

Any ideas why and how I can fix it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I have the same exact issue.

I'm pretty sure it is driver issues.

Seeing as there are no official (as far as I'm aware of) drivers for Windows 7 available, Windows 7 will be slightly buggy.

On October 22 it will be officially released, after that I am sure there will be some driver updates.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina 13", iMac G4, eMac G4, PowerMac G5, iBook G3, Mac Mini G4, iPod Classic, iPadAir2
I have the same exact issue.

I'm pretty sure it is driver issues.

Seeing as there are no official (as far as I'm aware of) drivers for Windows 7 available, Windows 7 will be slightly buggy.

On October 22 it will be officially released, after that I am sure there will be some driver updates.

But why would Windows 7 drivers affect Mac OS X? And the drivers I've got are off the Mac OS X Snow Leopard CD..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Sorry about that, I misread your post.

Have you always used the same mouse?

I would also try a different mouse and see if you get the same results.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.