Wireless connection

T

toffee

I have a router set up on my main computer ( Windows XP ). How do I connect to it so I can read files from windows to my ibook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
turn on the airport card in your ibook, setup the airport card in network preferences, turn sharing on on both machines. thats about it, the ibook should automatically sense the signal, you just have to set the xp box to let it share.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
when you get everything shared, in the finder window click on network. it will take a minute or two before your pc will show up. mine does at least. hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
you must be asking yourself, is it really that easy, the answer is yes, once every thing is set up, it actually is that easy. Once the iBook is getting a signal, and the file shareing is set up in the XP machine, it is really really easy to share files, its actually easier then betweenn to xp machines.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.