Issues with wireless Antenna

Reaction score
Prior to my upgrade to snow leopard I have been using an Alfa 500mw USB wireless adapter attached to a 24db antenna with a 25 foot cable. I get excellant fast internet and for the most part no issues. Now after my upgrade to snow leopard every time I attached the USB adapter into my computer, the computer then freezes up and a box comes up telling me there a was an error and I must restart my computer. After some playing around I now know the issues must be with the antenna because if the antenna is detached from the Alfa USB adapter, it works, the computer does not freeze up and I have no issue, the minute I hook up the antenna, BAM the computer locks up and tells me to shut down. Both my MAC Book and iMac do the same thing now with snow leopard. I am in Iraq and this is my only source of internet so it kinda bothers me. If anyone know why this is happening please let me know. Thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like you need updated drivers for that antenna rig. Since you're in Iraq and it probably isn't easy to obtain drivers or for that matter anything else, I suggest you downgrade back to Leopard so you can continue to use the antenna. I'm assuming from your "handle" that you're out in the field quite a bit and need something long range to pick up a wireless signal.

Unless the maker of the USB wireless adapter provides an updated driver for Snow Leopard, reverting back to Leopard is about the only thing I can think of that will get you back on the net.

Be careful out there, and Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.