Accidentaly removed "library" folder

Reaction score
I had several windows open and pressed delete to remove a picture, i happened to delete a library from another window, but was too quick to shut it down to see where it came from! I have restored the library from the bin and tried to put it back in different places but it still doesnt work.

When I moved the library some settings in Photoshop went missing (my preset actions for example)

Is there supposed to be a library folder in the programmes file? And where in that case?

The contents of the libraryfolder seems connected to both safari, photoshop, imovie and itunes fto mention a few.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Glad you figured it out. However, selecting something and pressing Delete doesn't delete it, it just highlights it so you can change its name. You have to actually right click on something and choose "Move to Trash" to get rid of it.

But I hope this little trial-and-error experience has shown you how invaluable a Time Machine backup would be.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.