How to install iLife on Snow Leopard (clean install)

Reaction score
I recently did a clean install of Snow Leopard and cannot figure out how to reinstall iLife from the discs that came w/ my MBP. I have searched for quite a while now and can't find any solutions.

Any advice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Insert 1st disc that came with your computer.
It'll say Macbook or leopard install Disc: 1.
After Snow Leopard detects the disc, you'll see option to install bundled applications only.
Double click icon, type your password and let it install.
Half way through, it'll ask you to insert the 2nd disc to continue.
Insert the 2nd disc that came with your computer and let the installation finish.
Restart your Mac and you'll have a fresh install of OS X Snow Leopard with your iLife software!

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion Kane, but I am unable to get it to work. The optional installs on disc 1 are things such as safari, mail, printer drivers, etc... It never asks for a 2nd disc. When I try to run the application installer from the 2nd disc, it says it can't be run from this computer.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It is listed as an option if you select to install the bundled applications from CD 1. You will have to click customize just after you select the HD to install to (I think it's after the HD selection - just keep an eye out for the customize button in the bottom left hand side). I did this after installing SL so I know it's there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Thanks for the suggestion Kane, but I am unable to get it to work. The optional installs on disc 1 are things such as safari, mail, printer drivers, etc... It never asks for a 2nd disc. When I try to run the application installer from the 2nd disc, it says it can't be run from this computer.

After you click bundled package installs only, and have selected the hard drive, and clicked next, as Vansmith posted after the above, you will need to click customise...
However, the only reason ilife will not be an available option, is if you already have a newer version on your system!
Also, it will be listed individually as garageband, iDVD, etc, not iLife.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.