Need Classic OS (OS 9.0) to Install a Program for my schoolwork

Reaction score
Hi, I recently purchased the ibook, with the OS X.
I'm trying to install a program into my ibook which I need for school, but it requires OS9 no newer. Also it says i could try to install it in OSX but i would need the Classic mode which i don't have. please help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
did you buy the ibook new? it should have classic installed already, if it doesn't, use the software restore disc that came with your mac, it should have a classic installer to install classic support. in your hd on the desktop, is there a folder called "system folder" in there?

Reaction score
My mini didn't come with Classic installed, but it came on one of the CD that came with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
it'll say software restore no it.

S

sursuciofla

superbyul said:
Hi, I recently purchased the ibook, with the OS X.
I'm trying to install a program into my ibook which I need for school, but it requires OS9 no newer. Also it says i could try to install it in OSX but i would need the Classic mode which i don't have. please help

Yeah man, I had to install Pagemaker which needed to run on OS9, just pop in the OS disc and it should give you an intall option for Classic. I don't think any of the new machines come with it pre-installed. I think they just leave that up to you if you end up needing it.

:doctor: Dr. Mac cured all my problems!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.