Anyone notice wear on the Uni MB/MBP's?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I was wondering if it is possible to wear out the palm rest area on the new aluminum macbooks and macbook pros? I was just curious:D

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I was wondering if it is possible to wear out the palm rest area on the new aluminum macbooks and macbook pros? I was just curious:D

By "wear-out" do you mean the smooth/shiny areas that develop on the palm rest & trackpad?

- Nick

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Yep, that could count, also something like the discoloration of the black macbooks... I just want to know so I can prevent it if possible. I already have the stoneshield on it. I searched for it, but nothing came up...

Reaction score
just a thought, but why does it matter? In a few years you're likely going to get a new mb anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
My MB unibody is still fine. And I use it upward of 8 hours a day. No wear other than some grime build up, which windex takes right off. Oh, and the outside of the screen... (the back cover with the apple on it)... I managed to take the paint off of my staircase railing with the MB, so there is a small black smear... the MB was fine other than that though. It damaged the staircase more.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
just a thought, but why does it matter? In a few years you're likely going to get a new mb anyway.

[size=+1]Resale.[/size]

I know when I purchase a used Mac...especially a laptop...it's always nice to NOT have the wear spots. So if I have two identical laptops to choose from (one with wear spots & one without)...I'll take the one without.

It's kind of like buying underwear...do you want the one's with spots or without spots!!!
smiley-laughing024.gif

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.