Moved Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Hi all,

I'm a big fan of having threads moved to the appropriate forum - most of the time the mover puts a link to its new location from the old forum it was in; but recently I've started noticing threads moving without those links and I was just wondering if this was an oversight or if there was a change in policy of how threads are moved?

simple example - I posted a reply to someone who had posted a thread in the OS forum about wifi issues. The thread did belong in the wireless networking/airport forum, but no biggie, not like I can move it. I posted, went back to check it, and the thread was gone. It had been moved to the wireless forum, but there was no referring link like there normally would be with a shifted post. . .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Redirects are usually added to threads that are moved.
These are not permanent and can only last for a little as an hour or less.

In the case you are referring to, the thread was given a redirect. However, it was found to be a third-time crosspost of the same issue by the same author, so it was moved again.
The original redirect would be null by that point.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Ah, gotchya, it was the only one I knew of off the top of my head to refer to - it's possible the other ones that I had noticed recently were multiple cross/redirects as I've seen it more on new posters then older members (the only reason some stand out is 'cause I notice them missing in a short period of time since I tend to refresh the page frequently during the day when I'm not out fixing something)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I've done the same several times. The crossposts area easy to see when they're done at the same time, not so easy if they're done hours or days apart.

So, initially may move a thread to the correct forum only to discover the member had asked the same question in other threads they created 2 days ago or a week ago. Instead of continuing in the same thread, they just make a new one.

I'll send a PM with a link to the location of the single thread to the thread starter, but sorry, not to all the respondents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.