Strange Visal Bug

Reaction score
Around my windows and icons on my desktop, I have this strange pixel-like blur, any clue what has caused it or a possible fix for it may be? I havent found any info for anything like this anywhere, and I've looked.

Heres a picture:

728vvl.jpg

*Title should say Visual, sorry about that.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hard to say what it is...??? However, let's run a test to see if its the display itself or something to do with the graphics. (GPU)

Attach an external monitor (or a TV monitor) to your MacBook. Set the external display to "mirror" the MacBook. Are you seeing the same thing?

Post back.

Regards.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK. Thanks for running the test and posting back. Well, that pretty much leaves us with the GPU. The GPU is integrated within the logic board which means that the entire board will have to be changed - if that's the problem.

Normally I would suggest running the Apple Hardware Test, but since the AHT is not that reliable and your problem seems to point to the GPU, I don't see much use in doing it. However, if you would like to give it a try, follow these directions from Apple: Link

If your machine is still under warranty or Apple care, make an appointment with the genius bar and take it on in. If it's not under warranty, you probably have a decision to make about repairing it.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
What the... yea that's not right.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.