What do you think of this?

S

SamR

As some may know I have had numerous problems with my PB since purchasing it 8 months ago. Long story short I'm on my 3rd motherboard (2 within 4 months of purchase) This morning I set it to turn itself on at 9am (have done this before) I open the lid at 10 and seems normal, the sleep light turns off, but yet the screen is black and I can't do anything to wake it up, even pressing the power button. So I had to hold the power button and then do a cold restart of my machine. Tonight, I get a message that freezes my PB and says I need to restart by holding down the power button. What would you guys suggest doing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Two rather simple things you could try would be to:

A. Boot from a restore CD and run disk repair.

B. Reset the PRAM. To reset the PRAM:

If the computer is on, turn it off.
Reset the power manager by simultaneously pressing and then releasing Shift-Control-Option-Power on the keyboard. Do not press the fn (Function) key while using this combination of keystrokes.
Wait 5 seconds.
Press the Power button to restart the computer.

OP
S

SamR

Thanks for the advice, do you think it would be worth taking it to an Apple store again, knowing the problems it has had before? (The PRAM has been reset many times)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Have you tried to reinstall the OS? That is kind of a last ditch method, but it may clear up the situation.

It definitely would not hurt to take it to the Apple Store again. I have had nothing but excellent service and support from Apple when I have needed to contact them. As long as you are still under warranty, the repair/replacement should be covered.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.