impulsively purchased an ibook 14"

Reaction score
I couldn't wait so today I went to the store and purchased a 14" ibook with no bluetooth :(

I am wondering if there is going to be a new ibook out at the end of the month...

Maybe if I'm lucky i can exchange when the new laptop comes out!

I'm a pc user that has gone to mac and is weird trying to figure out these new things!

One thing that does suck about the ibooks is that there is no scrolling feature on the trackpad!

OP
S
Reaction score
Reaction score
Impulse buys > *

I wouldn't know what to expect from an update to the iBook.

M

meltbanana314

stevescivic said:
Anyone know how to fix the pesky trackpad on the ibook? My cursor every so often just jumps around...

Most people who have that problem are accidentally putting other fingers or their palm on the edge trackpad. The trackpad is supposed to be used with *one* finger.

OP
S
Reaction score
finicky trackpad

meltbanana314 said:
Most people who have that problem are accidentally putting other fingers or their palm on the edge trackpad. The trackpad is supposed to be used with *one* finger.

yes the trackpad does require a bit of practice to use and it does occasionally still act up however, its nothing that would be of major concern.

I'm wondering what the new ibook will have too. They say in appleinsider that its supposed to be faster and have better vid card in it.

Who knows what will come.

T

titan0111

did you get one with combo drive or super drive?

y don't you spend extra $200~300 and get PB?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i wouldl ove to just impulsively purchase a new mac!

most trackpad jumping around has to do with an errant finger touching the trackpad that you dont knotice. it takes a little getting used to becasue of how little pressure you normally need and the sensitivity of the thing.

use that sidetrack program that was previously mentioned up top for scrolling

btw...when in safari to jump down a bit, it space or down arrow.

-chris

OP
S
Reaction score
why i didn't buy a powerbook

coach_z said:
i wouldl ove to just impulsively purchase a new mac!

most trackpad jumping around has to do with an errant finger touching the trackpad that you dont knotice. it takes a little getting used to becasue of how little pressure you normally need and the sensitivity of the thing.

use that sidetrack program that was previously mentioned up top for scrolling

btw...when in safari to jump down a bit, it space or down arrow.

-chris

the reason why i didn't buy a powerbook was b/c it was waay out of my range. Technically I was only capable of spending about 1300cdn. This purchased WITHOUT bluetooth cost me 1660 after taxes and student discount. It was an impulse b/c it was the only one available at the store. I took it anyways even if it was already out of my price range so buying a powerbook would kill me. I am going to play with it for another 14 days and then go back to the store to see if there are any new releases of the ibook. The guy there kinda had the feeling that I would buy it and return it for a newer model if I wasn't satisfied. I will say however, that at the present moment I am quite impressed with this ibook.

No regrets so far!

Reaction score
Its not that hard to add BT to it. You need to buy one of the USB BT adapters, strip off the plastic shell and find a suitable place for it inside the case. There will be a third USB connector internally for the BT adapter, though it's a tiny 4 pin surface mount connector so you'll have to figure out a way to interface with it.

ed724

I

iDVFH.

If you waited just a little bit longer you could have gotten what you wanted and Tiger..I'd return it..IMO

E

e-RICHIE

e-RICHIE said:
what is trackpad?

forget it; i just checked the mac help, and activated the
feature. i had it on my dell laptop and missed it on the
ibook. until now!

S

sursuciofla

If you can bear, just wait

Rumors are 512 MB ram built-in and a better graphics card. Frankly I have the 14" loaded (1.33ghz,80GB ,BT & AP). Also Tiger is coming out as soon too but frankly I'd rather have a powerbook at that point because of the Tiger features. Panther is just fine for me and will be for a long while until I absolutely need Tiger. I have 1.256 MB ram right now so an extra 256 MB is not a big deal to me, I guess it could help minimally but still the machine is amazing. I mean if you always wait for stuff it will never come soon enough and if you can't wait something will come out the next day. That's just how the tech world works. I will eventually buy a powerbook but I got the ibook because the changes don't seem to come as quickly. My parents bought a powerbook in december and what do you know, a newer version was released just a couple of months later.

:doctor: Dr. Mac says an Apple everyday keeps those Windows viruses away! :mac:

M

mangoSharingan

At least with Apple Macs, you have an idea of when they update their models. Unlike Windows laptops and their prices which seem to change everyday....

O

ocie

return it and get the 12"powerbook. save money if you have to. the 14" ibooks aren't worth the $$$.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.