Remove RSS Feeds in Mail 4.0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
So... I just bought my wife and new 13" MacBook Pro. We set it up and there is an annoying RSS Feed in Mail. I have found how to add RSS Feeds to Mail, but i can not figure out how to remove them. Does anyone know? I have read through some threads, but they are all from 2007. Please help.

TIA,
Dylan

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Open up preferences from Mail and click on the RSS tab. Set "Check for updates" to "Manually".

After that, right click on any RSS feed folders in your mailbox and select "delete mailbox", that will remove them. You will no longer be bothered with pesky RSS feeds.

Regards.

OP
fearlessfreap24
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OMFG ROXORZ i cant believe i didnt think of that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMAC 21.5" 10.6.1 Intel Core 2 DUO
Remove RSS Apple Hot News from Mail 10.6.1

Having same problem with the annoying "Apple Hot News" RSS -

I went to Home Folder/Library and created a "new folder", labeled it "Mailbox deleted" .
Now, go to Home Folder/Library/Mail and drag the RSS folder to your newly created folder.
If your Mail App. was open, quit and reopen--RSS should be gone form the sidebar in Mail.
You can always put in back later if you'd like more to read while waiting for important messages.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMAC 21.5" 10.6.1 Intel Core 2 DUO
Now, I've got one for you, how to reduce sound on startup chime. Do I have to obtain a third party add on ???? OS 10.6.1

OP
fearlessfreap24
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
bh169 said:
Having same problem with the annoying "Apple Hot News" RSS -

I went to Home Folder/Library and created a "new folder", labeled it "Mailbox deleted" . Now, go to Home Folder/Library/Mail and drag the RSS folder to your newly created folder. If your Mail App. was open, quit and reopen--RSS should be gone form the sidebar in Mail. You can always put in back later if you'd like more to read while waiting for important messages.

Read this thread

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro unibody 2.26ghz, 4gb ram, 250 gb hard drive
lol! thats great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.