Epson CX11 Printer Settings

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got a new mini for the kids system. Everything is going great so far, except for the printer. I have setup the printer just fine. It is installed over the network and was discovered by OSX and the drivers were downloaded automatically.

However, as this is the kids system, I want to change the default to print monochrome only. This is a color laser so I would prefer to limit the amount of color printing the kids do. I was able to do this on the windows driver and also on the Linux drivers for this printer. I just don't see any option to do that.

Being an IT guy and PC/Linux user maybe I am over complicating it. It might be so simple on the Mac that I am totally overlooking it.

Thanks,

Brian

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Go to System Preferences, Print & Fax. Open the panel and find your Epson printer. If you have other printers installed, highlight the Epson and then click on "Options & Supplies". Depending on the OS X software which was installed for the Epson, there may be options for "draft printing", "resolution", and so forth. There may also be an option to print only gray scale or black and white.

If you can't find an option to print only gray scale, black & white; you may be able to substitute another Epson printer driver that provides gray scale or BW printing.

Regards.

OP
B
Reaction score
I have looked in there, and also in the queue options pages. There are very few options there. It might be hard to use another driver, I don't think that Epson made many color lasers. I let the print setup download the driver. Epson lists a driver that is compatible with snow leopard. Should I try that? Maybe that has more options available.

I know that the driver I have now does function, it prints and I can see the toner levels and those types of things. There are just not many options, Default paper size and that is about it.

Thanks,

Brian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.