Automatic Shutdown While in Sleep Mode?

Reaction score
Hello,

My question is: Will the scheduled automatic shutdown not work if the computer is in sleep mode at the scheduled time of shutdown?

I have energy saver running and both iMacs I work with are scheduled to start at 9:45 a.m. and shutdown at 8:15 p.m. However; when I show up to work in the morning the iMacs aren't actually booting up at 9:45. They do show the display at that time but it acts as if it is coming out of sleep mode because if I need on the iMac before 9:45 a.m. I only have to push any keyboard button to turn it back on.

These iMacs are not connected to each other in any way. (Other than being really cool machines.)

I work in a library and both iMacs have Faronics' Deep Freeze because they are used by teenagers and we don't want the settings messed with. Because of this, I really need these iMacs to shutdown completely in order to reboot to the proper settings and I'd like it done automatically.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.