Portrait vs Landscape

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Non Intel based I-Mac
I"m new to the forum so go easy on me if this question is placed under the wrong category.

Yesterday I wanted to tweek a picture, basically needed a .jpg of different dimensions but I wanted the picture in Portrait not landscape. As I scanned across my dock, I noticed that Apple works was no longer there what with upgrades I now have Keynote/werds/numbers but no real drawing programs like Paint or Draw. (They were such intuitive programs - I miss the old days)

Keynote was useless. I must have looked for 30 minutes trying to re orient the slide.

I must have the old AppleWorks DVD stashed somewhere, but the basic question is "What's best for drawing these days?" I used Canvas a decade ago, and it wasn't too bad, but is there something better. I do have Adobe Photoshop, but one would need a 6 week college 200 level course to figure out how to stretch or reduce a picture.

KKKKFL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
in photoshop... press Command+T and you can 'free transform' the picture!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It's no full feature editor but Preview can resize/rotate/crop etc.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Non Intel based I-Mac
So here's was my initial problem..
I use a bunch of .jpg's and as a screensaver & have a folder full of pic's taken on out last vacation. Unfortunately, my "Daughter-in-law to be" likes to flip the camera from landscape orientation to portrait for many of her pictures.

Now when the screensaver (which has fill screen selected) comes to her slides some are chopped off top and bottom. I thought I might be able to re-size so that more of the slide would show.. didn't work.. finally using Photoshop, I put a grey boarder round her shots and that seems to work.

Of course in all this effort, I realized that I no longer had a graphic package that worked as easily as the ole Appleworks paint program, which is actually the second and really more important aspect of this thread. Other than P-shop and Keynote, is there something better for easy manipulation of j-pegs?

Thanks all

KKKKFL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.