Best scanner for slides of music scores

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for some suggestions for a scanner that would provide the best possible reproductions of about 1,200 slides of music scores. These black and white scores/parts were photographed about 25 years ago and would need to be printed to approximately 11x17 paper. I would prefer to spend around $1,000 but could go higher. It sounds like sometimes it's better to go with software other than what is bundled with the scanner and I would be open to that option as well. Even though these slides would be printed black and white I would still prefer to get a color scanner so that it can be used for other things when I'm done with this project. I'm not interested in outsourcing this project as I don't want to chance the slides getting lost or accidentally ruined. Also, is scanning to pdf the best file type for this project? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.