shortcut in mac mail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
1. Is there a keyboard shortcut to move to any particular smart folder in mac mail? Or perhaps a plugin, that hopefully works in SL as well..

2. Also is there a shortcut to color code a message ... i know its cmd-shift-c - but after that you need to move the mouse to choose a color. If i just want 1 color - say yellow - can a shortcut be set for that?

Any help appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Have a look in Mail/Preferences/Rules and you set up rules there for putting in folders and colour coding

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Thanks your reply.

Mail preferences - color coding - yes, i'm aware of that. But every incoming email does'nt follow my preset rules hence i would like to color code them manually. But can i create a keyboard shortcut for that?

Re smart folders - my question was to GO TO THEM - not to file any emails. I mean, i need to use the mouse and click on a smart folder to access it. Can it be done faster? Say, if a create a shortcut - type a few letters of the smart folder's name and ... i'm there..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Out of my league but if i was going to try and sort something i would check some Standard Automator workflows to see if they could be made to work then set up a shortcut in Sys Prefs/Keyboard & Mouse/Keyboard Shortcuts to run it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Out of my league but if i was going to try and sort something i would check some Standard Automator workflows to see if they could be made to work then set up a shortcut in Sys Prefs/Keyboard & Mouse/Keyboard Shortcuts to run it.

Agrees ....... automator +1

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.