MBP charger issues

Reaction score
Okay, this is my first post, i've been using macs for forever and have never had a problem i couldn't figure out until now. A fried of mine had a MBP pre 2008 model, after using it for a while, she spilt something on it, and it didnt work..for a year... and magically 3 months ago, voila, it started working. The only thing it needed was a new battery, which was replaced immediately after its one year ressurection, and the last 3 months it has been running fine, until now. Yesterday, i noticed teh LED light on the charger wasn't on, and it was just running off of battery. I figured, charger is shot, i've heard many horror stories with magsafe chargers having problems. Anyways, got a new charger, same problem, no LED light, and now its down to 6% battery power. I tried resetting the SMC, to no avail, the battery software is up to date as far as i know, i've tried different outlets, cleaning the contacts, still nothing. So unless its another bad charger (which i know is highly unlikely) what else could it be, the powers that be who are smarter have already told me the logic board is a possiblity, but i'm still hoping its something stupid and easy to fix. Has anyone else had this same problem? please help. thank you, and i'm sorry for the long post lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.