is samsung monitor p2250 comp. w/MBP LAPTOP? do you have the right driver?

Reaction score
Hi please help me if you can.
I just bought a MBP laptop and a Samsung monitor model nr. p2250 and i can not make work.
I called Samsung and they told that this monitor is not for mac. i check some sites and they say is Mac compatible.
Do you have the driver somewhere that i could make this work?
tks a lot.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Direct from Samsung's website:

20090916-1r25ji94ykisbqe2xt9e3yn9de.jpg

As you can see, Samsung also says it is compatible.

Here is the link to that page on their site.

There should be no driver required for a monitor.
You haven't provided any details for anyone to go on in helping to troubleshoot.

How is it connected? What adapter/cable are you using?
Have you changed the input on the monitor to the correct one?
What is it doing?
Have you tried a different cable and or connection?

I'd call them back and suggest to what ever tech you get, tell them they better check again, since Samsung corporate says it does work. And there is no reason why it shouldn't work. It'll probably be hopeless though, Samsung's tech support is about as useful as a bag of rocks for keeping you afloat in a body of water.

Come to think of it, my suggestion, would be to take it back and get just about any brand except Samsung.

(I guess you can tell, I really like Samsung. :Angry-Tongue: )

(edit: what that tech really meant to say is "We're not going to support our equipment if you connect it to anything other than a Windows computer because we don't feel it's in our best interests to do so.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Monitors are OS independent.
In other words, if the monitor has the correct plug for the socket of the computer, it should work regardless of the OS you're using.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks very much. I am going to follow your advices. appprecitated. and i agree with you about their tech support. it sucks
tks
Edi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro Notebook
I have the Samsung P2370 on a 17" MBP and it is stunning. It was truly plug and play. I believe you have a CD with the monitor that should have your driver. Make sure your connections are sound.. Good luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.