how to download music from second computer

A

adamsawords

I have recently bought an ipod 60gb photo and have transferred my music from my apple laptop to it. the problem is the remainder of my music and pictures are on my pc. When i plugged in the only option was to lose all music on the ipod and re-configure to the pc. Surely i can use both sets of music as i own them both. please help me. Nice and simple as computers of all descriptions are new to me!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You can only use the iPod with one computer. You can always network your two systems and move your music from your PC to your Mac and sync it with the iPod.

OP
U

UnderOath

schweb said:
You can only use the iPod with one computer. You can always network your two systems and move your music from your PC to your Mac and sync it with the iPod.

false.

i had the same problem, and all i did was keep the ipod formatted with windows. that way both computers can see it, if you keep it formatted as mac, then windows computers wont read it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Just as a side note:

You can use multiple computers with one iPod, regardless of the OS:

Simply set the iPod to manually update the music, and have it not unmount automatically. Plug the iPod into one computer, drag library from the sidebar, into the iPod icon. Plug iPod into second computer, drag library from sidebar, into the iPod icon. Simple as....drag n' drop

OP
I

iDVFH.

ApplejustWorks said:
Just as a side note:

You can use multiple computers with one iPod, regardless of the OS:

Simply set the iPod to manually update the music, and have it not unmount automatically. Plug the iPod into one computer, drag library from the sidebar, into the iPod icon. Plug iPod into second computer, drag library from sidebar, into the iPod icon. Simple as....drag n' drop

As much ease and function that is the real problem people have with that is they want music from 1 computer to a different one. The iPod I guess wasn't designed for that because you need a program to get music off an iPod to a different computer. WARNING DO NOT: Drag your library of music twice onto the iPod..your stuck with 2 of the same songs thus you have to delete 1 of each song that's checked off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.