Spaces & Expose Problem

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been having a problem with snow leopard. I have found that whenever I have an app minimized to the dock, and set to a desired space, and I am in a different space than the application is set to open in, it will not take me back to that desired space but rather just unminimize from the dock to my current space.
Example : I have my thunderbird mail set to open in space 1 and have it minimized to my dock. If I am currently in working in space 2 and decide to access thunderbird, thunderbird will unminimize from the dock to space 2 even though I have it set to open in space 1. It does thins instead of taking me back to space 1.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
ryan

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been having a problem with snow leopard. I have found that whenever I have an app minimized to the dock, and set to a desired space, and I am in a different space than the application is set to open in, it will not take me back to that desired space but rather just unminimize from the dock to my current space.
Example : I have my thunderbird mail set to open in space 1 and have it minimized to my dock. If I am currently in working in space 2 and decide to access thunderbird, thunderbird will unminimize from the dock to space 2 even though I have it set to open in space 1. It does thins instead of taking me back to space 1.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
ryan

I have the same problem. I reflected to Apple via feedback, maybe you should do the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
update?

10.6 or 10.6.1

Maybe they fixed it already...

OP
W
Reaction score
I am running 10.6.1, and still having the problem. I found a thread on macosxhints.com saying to go into my library and delete my dock preferences. I did this, reset the whole dock and still no luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.