Macbook Won't Open Specific Websites

Reaction score
Actually, there are 2 websites this is happening to. Both are clients. I'm the web designer. (amusingfacts.com and curvesahead.ca)

• It's not my internet connection - the rest of the web, email, skype... all work fine.
• It's not my browser - Safari, Opera, Firefox... same problem persists. (yes, I cleared the cash, history, reset the browsers)
• It's not my IP. I share an IP with my husband and he can visit the website with his PC. Also, the problem persists wether I use airport at home (Rogers), free wireless at the cafe or ethernet at the bosses office (Bell).

Therefore it's my macbook's settings.

If I create a new location for my system preferences > network settings I can trick the computer into going there. But that lasts for about 15-30 seconds and then I get the message, "Browser can’t open the page “amusingfacts.com/” because browser can’t find the server “amusingfacts.com”. If I go back to the system preferences > network settings and switch locations again the website comes back... serious pain in the backside!

I've found several other forums with people experiencing the same problem but so far I've found no solutions. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Reaction score
Hi, you could try to turn off Plugins in Safari.

Flash has been known to cause trouble.
Or repair 'disk Permissions', could be a file acces problem either.

Read this if you don't know how.

Hope this helped you in some way;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Try going back into the location - Home? - that you set up and enter the DNS Primary and Secondary numbers for your ISP into the airport selection - that may help.
Here is mine - the ghosted one is the address for the modem/router

Click for full size

OP
E
Reaction score
That Did the Trick

Th DSN thing worked! What a relief!
Macs use 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2

Thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.