Cannot reinstall OS X 10.4 Computer cannot see HD.

Reaction score
my G5 is having serious issues. First the Superdrive went out. I replaced that to try to run disk utility because the Mac was running so slow and would take like 5 minutes or more to boot. The Utility keeps failing at Invalid Sibling link. So I thought at this point I should try to reinstall OS X which is 10.4 Tiger. So when I did this the computer froze during the reinstall. Now the G5 cannot see the HD when I try to reinstall OS X. What do I do. Is the HD corrupt? I am lost.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Either the drive is not connected properly, or the drive is dead

OP
R
Reaction score
Hd

I can hear the HD still running. Is there a chance to save what is on the machine?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz MacBook '07, 1.83 GHz Mac Mini '06, 700MHz Emac 2003, 400MHz Imac 2001
If you can log on, you should be able to pile all of your files onto a drive (usb or wifi connected). Once done with that, if this G5 is a desktop, you could have a look inside.
It might be as simple as a loose cord or some faulty memory.

OP
R
Reaction score
HD or Memory

How can I find out if I have bad memory or bad HD? I ran the apple hardware test and the memory and mass storage passed. Anything else?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Bad memory will give the three beeps or kernel panic attacks. Go into Disk Utility and see what S.M.A.R.T Status says about the drive. Also boot from your install disc and run Repair Disc from Disk Utility there.

As louishen advises looks like you got a dead drive on your hands alas.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.