Safari Bookmarks folder: "Open in Tabs"???

M

montysano

In the Safari Bookmarks Bar, I'll typically have several folders of bookmarks under each tab on the Bar. For example, a "Favorite Blogs" folder contains seven blogs. At the bottom of each folder is "Open in Tabs." When clicking this command, it opens 7 blank tabs, which seems like a fairly useless function. Am I missing something here?

In Windows, I use a tabbed browser called Slim Browser. It has a Group function, which allows me to open those same seven web pages, in separate tabs, with one click.

Safari doesn't seem to have a similar function. Or does it?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Not sure what is going on, but if I select open in tabs. Then I would get the tabs with one site in each of the tab windows.

Since I am not near my system at this time, I can not check my configuration.

OP
M

montysano

I answered my own question. The folder in question was full of bookmarks brought in from IE on my PC, using the "drag them one at a time method". They work fine when clicked individually, but won't Auto Tab. Bookmarks set in Safari Auto Tab just fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.