Best Apple notebook for university

Reaction score
Off to study law at university in 2 weeks.

Was wondering what the best and most reasonable priced laptop would be to last me the next 3 years?

This will be my first Mac, as I have always used a Dell Laptop with Windows OS, so need something pretty user friendly and reliable, that stores a lot of music.

Oh and preferably pink! (but that's not a must)

Any advice would be really appreciated as I am a Mac virgin! :p

CJ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MacBook - 2.16GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD iPhone Specs: white 3GS - 32GB
Well that depends. I'm guessing as a law student you're gonna find yourself mainly web-browsing and word processing. In that case, since you don't have to do anything really intense on your computer, any Mac will do more than enough for you. PS there are no pink ones, but you can buy cases for them. If you wanna save money I'd go with the base MacBook White. Unless you want a bigger screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Basic MacBook then buy a case to make it pink!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I would go with a basic mbp 13"! The regular macbook has the tendency to crack around the palm rest area. I would also consider looking at the refurbished. I would actually look at the refurbished first, then, if you can't find anything there, look at the new ones! Good luck:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook Pro 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 500 GB 7200rpm HD
I say to go and check them out at your local apple store or retail store. Then you can even check out the "cute" cases for your macbook as well. It also mainly depends on your budget as well. If you are on a budget (seeing as you are a law student I doubt that haha) then that really matters because you can get a macbook for about 1000. But if you look at the screen and think it is too small and want a 15" MBP then it starts to get expensive. But for portability the 13" is nice because it is not too big and it is light and you can bring it to your classes and anywhere basically.

I know a main factor that I had was portability and that is why I went with a 13" Macbook pro but also I went with the pro because it has a faster processor and I could afford it. And also the MBP in my opinion looks way cooler than the regular Macbook so I can wow the college girls with my macbook pro. haha :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
I'd actually get a refurbished MacBook aluminum 2GHz for 899 at the apple store under "Special Deals" and then "Refurbished Mac." That's dirt cheap, and the computer is hands down better than the base macbook, and you can case it to make it pink. The reasons I recommend this are many, but mostly it comes down to the trackpad. With tap to click turned on, you don't even have to do anything but run your fingers along the smooth trackpad. This would make me recommend the 13 inch MBP, but the fact that this mac has the same trackpad and design of the MBPs and is way cheaper than even the MB White, makes it a must buy for me. You may think otherwise, but that's what I recommend.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Law student? Buy a MacBook Pro, any model that you can afford. They look great in the courtroom. :)

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
My white Macbook was the best computer I have ever owned, and it matched my iPod ;)

Until I got my 13" aluminum, which now matches my iPhone! Still have the white iPod, but it's now a semi-permanent resident of my car's "media holder" built into the center console. Heck, my car is white so it matches the iPod!

But for school you'll want to have the most portable computer you can get taking from class to class or for studying/surfing in the quad or Student Uni. I'm just getting a job at a university so I'm pleased that my Macbook will be portably serving me as I bop about campus when I'm not in my office, where whatever Dell issued by the school to me will live more or less permanently. Other than the Air the 13" is the most portable Mac you can buy. The screen is brilliant so the smaller size doesn't bother me. And yes it is totally worth it to go with the aluminum. The 15" has better speakers, but you'll be mostly sporting headphones for media at school.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" Macbook Pro 4GB ram 160GB HD/8GB iPod touch 1G/iPod Classic 120 GB
I have a macbook pro 13" its super portable, and I have a pink cover on it that looks awesome.It's a speck see thru satin,I highly recommend you get one if you really want the color. Plus the computer itself is the 2nd cheapest apple notebook you can get.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.