Not Dissing on Apple Products Here, But Really? XD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac G5 2 GHz 20 inch- IPod Touch 2nd Generation
Does the new Ipod REALLY have a camera? XD i mean phones have them. why Ipods? and is it really worth it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
They don't have cameras its just your imagination...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
Yeah, that's a crazy idea. iPods will never have cameras.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
What's more wierd is I heard my wife's Nikon D90 is gonna have a PHONE next upgrade.

T

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
xzibit-dog.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
What's XD mean?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Is it just me or is it not odd that the image results for that Google search result showed three guns and then a picture for Disney?

To the OP, you're allowed to say negative things about Apple - no need to have a disclaimer in the title. ;) Just be constructive and/or don't be inflammatory.

OP
der_kitty
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What's XD mean?

it seems many people want to know what XD is... it is a laughing face. X is the squinting eyes. D is the mouth WIDE open in laughter.

(read this all the way through for a stupid funny story at the end)

ok so My Ipod ironically went out. it would not hold charge and it would NOT sync which ticked me off to no end. So my only choice was to go exchange. after much dispute with Best Buy telling me that I have a mac(oh I will explain that in a minute), i finally got one. They were out of the older 4th Gen so I got the new 5th Gen... yes it does have a camera... NOT a still camera though, it has a video camera. XD (see laughing face)

I mean I didnt want this one I specifically asked for a Green 4th Gen IPod Nano. BUT they didnt have one. It seems they dropped the price by a LOT in many stores to get rid of them so they can pop in the new Nano with the camera. :/ but this one has advantages... ITS actaully pretty rad it has external speakers, I dont know how but it does...

OK so the stupid funny story;

the guy at Best Buy was rather rude, he denied ANYTHING was wrong with my IPod, he insisted it was the computer it self. He asked me what kind of computer I had, all I had to say was I have a Mac, he said "THERE IS YOUR PROBLEM! IPod is meant for Windows. Not Apple Computers"

HELLO! McGenius Apple MAKES The Ipod. and that shut him up off that Idea, he DID insist I buy a Windows computer, and he would give me a GREAT deal on a one year subscription of Norton Anti Virus, Windows 7 Upgrade, AND Cost of the machine. It would have costed me only $499.00 plus taxes... NO thank you im happy with Mac -.-

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can you explain the XD again? I still don't understand. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
Why NOT put a camera in an iPod? The biggest sale demographic for iPods is kids/teens/young adults...they always have them handy, so why not take video when the mood strikes?

WHAT'S THE POINT OF TOUCH TONE PHONES??? ROTARY IS T3H WORKINGZ!

OP
der_kitty
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can you explain the XD again? I still don't understand. :(

XD- you it is a sideways smiley face. it is just like the one YOU made at the END of your message instead of something like :D which is a smiling face.
XD is the same concept. the X is two squinting eyes. and the D is the smiling face. XD.

thats as well as I can explain it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
XD- you it is a sideways smiley face. it is just like the one YOU made at the END of your message instead of something like :D which is a smiling face.
XD is the same concept. the X is two squinting eyes. and the D is the smiling face. XD.

thats as well as I can explain it.

Right, we got that, but what's the XD stand for?

OP
der_kitty
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-.- just smile and nod, XD stands for nothing it is a smiling face. just dont ask anymore because I am sick of trying to explain this im running out of ways to do so.

ANYWAY! so I found that most people do not know this, but the new IPod Nano 5th Generation has video. I know this because my IPod Nano 4th Generation pooped out. Best Buy down by me was being a bunch of jerks. So I went by another one and they told me to pick out a colour. I noticed the new Ipods were shinier, more metallic than my 4th gen... as was the screen larger. I assumed it was a new feature to distinguish between the 4th and 5th gen. I had HEARD that the 5th gen has picture taking capabilities but didnt really believe it, thats one reason why I posted this, to see if I would get a reaction, to see if other people would confirm this. When I got to the car, I opened it up... sure enough there is an aperture thing on the back. It is NOT still photos, it is VIDEO...
here is a pic of the new one;

features_hero20090909.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
X D = Xtra Dumb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-.- just smile and nod, XD stands for nothing it is a smiling face. just dont ask anymore because I am sick of trying to explain this im running out of ways to do so.

ANYWAY! so I found that most people do not know this, but the new IPod Nano 5th Generation has video. I know this because my IPod Nano 4th Generation pooped out. Best Buy down by me was being a bunch of jerks. So I went by another one and they told me to pick out a colour. I noticed the new Ipods were shinier, more metallic than my 4th gen... as was the screen larger. I assumed it was a new feature to distinguish between the 4th and 5th gen. I had HEARD that the 5th gen has picture taking capabilities but didnt really believe it, thats one reason why I posted this, to see if I would get a reaction, to see if other people would confirm this. When I got to the car, I opened it up... sure enough there is an aperture thing on the back. It is NOT still photos, it is VIDEO...
here is a pic of the new one;

features_hero20090909.jpg

Ok, I won't ask anymore.

...after this time.

It means smile and nod? Like when you are with your friends do you say let's go to the Apple store XD! Or do you only use XD on forums?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
LOL....just fuggedaboutit

OP
der_kitty
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
its an anime nerd thing.:|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.