charging issues now saying new battery + various other stuff

Reaction score
This computer is no older than 2 years (so I think) I got it for Christmas and I cant remember which one.
It is a black MacBook 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo w/ 2 GB 667 MHz ram (running snow leopard)

I dont know how long I have had charger troubles but I would say around a year ago at most. Where I plug it in and the light is very dim and it just shows the plug icon but no charging. When I updated to 10.6 it tells me when it is not charging. I usually mess around w. it by plugging, unplugging, plugging, unplugging, tilting, plugging, tilting, plugging, until it turns orange. Right now, after fidgeting around w. it, it says Not Charging at the top so I click on it (idk why i did) and it says "Condition: Replace Now" can I get a ***? This computer is practically new! My other iBook is IDK how many years old and it has never had this. Nor my sister's white macbook (so i think).

Also, I have been having the weirdest startup sounds from Day 1 (Im pretty sure Day 1). Like digital pixels sounds. You know how you can some times taste a smell? I could hear a pixel sound.
I have the videos but YouTube is down and wont let me upload

all that (including Safari being really slow and unresponsive, but that hasnt happened as much anymore) + apple not coming out with the camera in the ipod touch is really making me disappointed in Apple. I used to praise their
work.

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 13'' 2.0 GHz Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD
The more I read around here the more it sounds like it's just a fate of the magsafe adapters to become faulty in some way at some point. It might as well be that yours is too. Does the laptop work fine without the battery and the laptop plugged in? If yes, you probably need to get a new battery. Try to use a program like Coconut Battery to check the health of your battery. If not, it's something to do with the magsafe, or the magsafe board or (let's hope not) the logic board. Try different adapters/batteries if you have friends with macbooks and see what happens. It might very well be a trivial problem.

Oh yeah, sorry. Don't think I can help with the other problem, I have no idea what it could be.

Reaction score
Also, I have been having the weirdest startup sounds from Day 1 (Im pretty sure Day 1). Like digital pixels sounds. You know how you can some times taste a smell? I could hear a pixel sound.
I have the videos but YouTube is down and wont let me upload

Could you elaborate on the pixel-sound thing??:Smirk:

OP
A
Reaction score
The more I read around here the more it sounds like it's just a fate of the magsafe adapters to become faulty in some way at some point. It might as well be that yours is too. Does the laptop work fine without the battery and the laptop plugged in? If yes, you probably need to get a new battery. Try to use a program like Coconut Battery to check the health of your battery. If not, it's something to do with the magsafe, or the magsafe board or (let's hope not) the logic board. Try different adapters/batteries if you have friends with macbooks and see what happens. It might very well be a trivial problem.

Oh yeah, sorry. Don't think I can help with the other problem, I have no idea what it could be.

I just tried downloading Coconut Battery and it doesnt work. I assume its because of snow leopard? :Shouting: lol great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 13'' 2.0 GHz Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD
I just tried downloading Coconut Battery and it doesnt work. I assume its because of snow leopard? :Shouting: lol great.

Then try to check from the system profiler, under power. It should tell you the full charge capacity and the remaining capacity and the number of loadcycles.

OP
A
Reaction score
Alright well I just bought a battery and all is well but for the first charge or the calibrating should I plug it in right now and do what it says with the leaving it plugged in for 2 hours, etc.? or should I let it get so low to where it goes to sleep and THEN plug it in and do the calibrating?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.