Wireless Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac & MB Air
Hello All,

I don't post a lot but often refer to this board for info. Great site. I have a (likely dumb) wireless question that I am hoping someone can answer for me.

I bought an Airport Extreme, installed the software on my iMac and have had my home wireless network up and running for over a year. No issues at all.

I recently sold the iMac and purchased a new MacBook Pro. Thinking I would have to reinstall the software on it to get my network up and running again, I booted it up for the first time and ... well ... there was my existing network, working flawlessly as usual. I somehow thought I needed to have a computer running the Airport software in order for the Airport to function, but clearly that was wrong.

So my question is, is there any need at all for me to reinstall the Airport software on my new machine? If I were to do so, would it somehow cancel out my existing network and create a new one?

I realize this is likely very basic, but I am not experienced with networks at all. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Airport software is built in to the OS so enjoy no need to looad anything except basic OS updates as they come out

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac & MB Air
Jeez, I suppose I could have went to the great length of opening the Utilities folder and noticing it was already there. :Oops:

Thank you for your help - much appreciated!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.