Want to use a webcam on msn messenger... virtual pc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP SR 2.2Ghz 15.4" LED
Skype is the way to go. Very good quality with audio and video. I am very impressed!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
The Microsoft Vision cam for the Xbox 360 has OS X support.

err.. wait..

I use Yahoo messenger for those "must need" cam things.. I rarely go on cam, but Yahoo works suprisingly well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i would just say stick with amsn. i've used it fora quite a while and i've never had any problems with it. and the webcams work like they would on windows msn.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2ghz, 1gb RAM, 80gb HD
aMSN

I want to buy a webcam to go on msn messenger because everybody that I know use webcams on messenger with a pc!

You can try aMSN. I played around with it a little when I first got my Mac, but then all my PC friends switched over to Skype, so that's what I use for video now. Click here for the aMSN website.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 320 HDD, Superdrive, Mighty Mouse
Well... this is a very old thread but i'll reply anyway... It's soo bad there's no MSN Messenger that supports iSight, so far i use aMSN whenever i want to use the iSight or YAhoo Messenger.

It is true that you can add MSN contacts to your Yahoo Messenger account but you CAN'T use the iSight with those contacts.. only Yahoo Contacts! bah!

I now use WMFusion, it's a virual machine that lets me run Microsoft Messenger seamlesly in windows and i can use my iSight there =)... Bootcamp is another good option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X Version 10.4.10 MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Little help

Well... this is a very old thread but i'll reply anyway... It's soo bad there's no MSN Messenger that supports iSight, so far i use aMSN whenever i want to use the iSight or YAhoo Messenger.

It is true that you can add MSN contacts to your Yahoo Messenger account but you CAN'T use the iSight with those contacts.. only Yahoo Contacts! bah!

I now use WMFusion, it's a virual machine that lets me run Microsoft Messenger seamlesly in windows and i can use my iSight there =)... Bootcamp is another good option.

Hey, can you post a link with this "WMFusion" program or the "Bootcamp?
I couldn't find anything useful about it .

In my humble opinion aMSN, Mercury Messenger are poor alternatives.Yeah sure you can use your cam with them but there is no SOUND ,I mean if I turn my cam on because I wan to see some of my friends overseas, mine as well chat though sound instead of type.
There just HAS to be someone coming out with something better then this two!
Mac is advertising their OS encouraging people to switch ,the mass advertisment between Mac Vs Windows is getting ridiculous ...LOL
I just would of though they are ready to cater something for MSN users who migrated from Windows like myself.:(
I mean now I have this AWESOME laptop with impressive Webcam capabilities and I can't use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X Version 10.4.10 MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

In my humble opinion aMSN, Mercury Messenger are poor alternatives.Yeah sure you can use your cam with them but there is no SOUND ,I mean if I turn my cam on because I wan to see some of my friends overseas, mine as well chat though sound instead of type.
Mac is advertising their OS encouraging people to switch ,the mass advertisment between Mac Vs Windows is getting ridiculous ...LOL
I just would of though they are ready to cater something for MSN users who migrated from Windows like myself.:(
I mean now I have this AWESOME laptop with impressive Webcam capabilities and I can't use it.

Hahaha, nevermind I just found it! So this program would ALLOW me to run a windows on my Mac?
**** why would I do that? .
To make matters worst the XP-SVP2 ?
The worst OS after windows 98`..LOL
Anyways , I'll keep my eyes and ears open for a better alternative.
Till then Ciao .....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

It's more likely than not that it's MS that is not catering to the Mac OS. :) Something to consider.

Reaction score
msn messenger mac to windows
I am using my MBP to chat with someone using msn messenger on a windows. I cannot use my cam because there is no option to choose. what do you suggest?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.