was ready to buy ibook today but..

Reaction score
I was ready to purchase the 12" ibook but apple told me that I would not qualify for the os X tiger operating system.

I of course refused to buy the laptop but I'm wanting to know when will tiger be available? They say the first half of this year but when will that be?

Also are there certain things about the 12" ibook that I should be weary of?

I was thinking of upgrading to bluetooth and a 60GB hard drive.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Release date for Tiger has not been announced yet but the Beta version was just labelled Gold Master (it is all set to be released they just have to announce it and get it rollin out from the factories)

I

iDVFH.

i know this question was asked a million times but, will my ibook be able to run tiger smoothly? (12' iBook G4 ,60 GB HD, 256 MB RAM) I was thinking of upgrading to 512 or 768 MB of RAM..if that would help lol

K

Kokopelli

iDVFH. said:
i know this question was asked a million times but, will my ibook be able to run tiger smoothly? (12' iBook G4 ,60 GB HD, 256 MB RAM) I was thinking of upgrading to 512 or 768 MB of RAM..if that would help lol

Your iBook should run Tiger with performance comparable to Panther. Wait till Tiger comes out and people review it to get a more precise answer. Upgrade your RAM though.

OP
S
Reaction score
updated ibook?

Kokopelli said:
Your iBook should run Tiger with performance comparable to Panther. Wait till Tiger comes out and people review it to get a more precise answer. Upgrade your RAM though.

I was just reading some old posts and found that the ibook is possibly due for an overhaul by the end of april?

can anyone confirm this rumor?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
If you want the iBook now, just go for it. Otherwise, you can wait until Tiger is announced officially (which is supposed to be happening within the next couple weeks, according to the rumor sites) and I believe Apple will give you a voucher for Tiger.

I bought a 12" iBook earlier this year and I absolutely love it (it replaced a ThinkPad T21). No problems so far, and I upgraded to the 80 GB hard drive and added 512 MB of memory from Crucial.

S

sebeck

Another vote for a bigger hdd. I upgraded mine to a 60gb and added 512mb of memory. I'm a happy camper. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.