Ibook G4 airport card sees networks, won't connect?

Reaction score
Thank you in advance to anyone with a shred of insight!

Running 10.4.11 on my ibookg4 with an airport extreme (firmware: 405.1 (3.90.34.0.p18))

All of a sudden my ibook wont connect to any wireless networks; at home, work, nothing.

Airport card sees a laundry list of networks, but everytime and every network i try to connect to, I get;

"There was an error joining the Airport Network "..."."

I have latest updates.
Internet connects fine through ethernet.

I don't believe it is the hardware because the airport card sees all the available networks???
:Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Go into the Laundry list and remove all the extra ones then drag the most important one - your home - to the top of the list and is the home one current with latest setting password etc. Then shutdown and reboot and cross your fingers.

OP
P
Reaction score
Go into the Laundry list and remove all the extra ones then drag the most important one - your home - to the top of the list and is the home one current with latest setting password etc. Then shutdown and reboot and cross your fingers.

The laundry list is in the airport toggle on taskbar, how do I remove those that the airport is seeing?

OP
P
Reaction score
New problem- Airport is bugging out!!!

Now this is flashing over and over again when I am in network settings.

"Your network settings have been changed by another application.
any changes you have made will be lost."

And in network status the airport is flashing between:

"Airport is connected to the network. Airport has a self assigned IP address and my not be able to connect to the internet."
...to...
"Airport is turned on but is not connected to a network."

I'm tired of trying to fix this. I'm thinking to archive install or reinstall the osx, reformat my disk. Any other ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.