Changing iCal entry screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo, 120GB, 2GB Ram, Leopard
I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but I searched and couldn't find an answer. When I go to add a new entry in iCal, my entry screen looks like this:

Picture1.png

Is this normal? How can I change it? It's really quite annoying!

I'm using Leopard v10.5.8

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
From my experience - it is not normal and i cannot change mine to black. Seems might be a corrupt file - i would start by dragging com.apple.iCal.plist onto desktop out of ~Users/you/Library/Preferences then quit iCal rerun and see if you still have the problem. If still the same you can always put file back and look elsewhere.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
From my experience - it is not normal and i cannot change mine to black. Seems might be a corrupt file - i would start by dragging com.apple.iCal.plist onto desktop out of ~Users/you/Library/Preferences then quit iCal rerun and see if you still have the problem. If still the same you can always put file back and look elsewhere.

Tried that but it's still the same. Any other suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
another shot?

I tried playing with Universal Access; White on Black, Black on White, Grayscale, and could not reproduce your image. But, it got close. So, try this: pull out com.apple.universalaccess.plist and see if that makes a difference.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I tried playing with Universal Access; White on Black, Black on White, Grayscale, and could not reproduce your image. But, it got close. So, try this: pull out com.apple.universalaccess.plist and see if that makes a difference.

I tried this also but now it won't bring up the edit entry screen at all! I moved the file back to the directory but obviously that didn't change anything! It's still black.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Ok, it could be time to re-install iCal from your machine's OS disc. Don't be hasty upon reading this. Wait to see if someone comes along with an easier thing to try.

If you do re-install, first, go into iCal and go to File>Backup iCal... Save this iCal date.icbu file in several places so you'll be able to find one to Restore. You'll see the Restore command below Backup. Do that once iCal has been re-installed.

Good luck! Hope it's not that hard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.