think iv'e blown the fuse of power supply

Reaction score
HI im'e new to the forum and new to macs
Iv'e just bought my first mac a G4 400mhz gigabyte/ethernet m/b and i have a problem with the 22 pin power supply in that i think iv'e blown the fuse.
Iv'e opened the p/s but can't find the fuse.Does anbody know where it is located as one isn't visible to me,Iv'e taken some photos of the inside from different angles but don't know how to attach them to my post Someone might recognise the p/s and point me in the right direction to locate it. I can put a new fuse in even if it has to be soldered in.Can anbody help and also tell me how to attach photos

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
HI im'e new to the forum and new to macs
Iv'e just bought my first mac a G4 400mhz gigabyte/ethernet m/b and i have a problem with the 22 pin power supply in that i think iv'e blown the fuse.

Just so we know...what makes you think that you blew a power supply fuse versus the power supply itself just being a "gonner"?

- Nick

OP
K
Reaction score
I accidently touch the m/b with the tip of a screwdriver while pluggrd in
everthing was working fine before

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I accidently touch the m/b with the tip of a screwdriver while pluggrd in
everthing was working fine before

Did something go "POP"...when you did it?

Why the heck would you be working on the computer with it's plugged in??...that's just asking for trouble!;)

Hopefully it was a fuse...if there is a fuse to pop/blow...rather than another component.

Good luck,

- Nick

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks nick their was a spark also when i booted up after the fan ran for a minute then nothing How do attach a photo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
You have blown the power supply. Dangerous things them screwdrivers, especially whilst the machine is plugged in. Last time I saw a new one advertised they were US$270.00 or thereabouts however you may pick up a cheap used unit. As a rule of thumb no chime no PS.

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks for your imput harry i don't want to buy another p/s i want to try and repair this one if i can. I just want some one to tell me where the fuse is located And also tell me how to attach a photo to a post

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for your imput harry i don't want to buy another p/s i want to try and repair this one if i can. I just want some one to tell me where the fuse is located And also tell me how to attach a photo to a post

As far as the photo....use a website like Photobucket:

Photobucket

...to "host" your photo...then link it to one of your posts here.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

OP
K
Reaction score
HI pigoo thanks for your reply I have uploaded photos to photobucket can you tell me how to get them in my thread step by step please Iv'e never done it before

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.