Access windows files from mac with partition?

Reaction score
So I have a partition, and my windows side messed up, cannot use the trackpad and the caps-lock stays lit, so I can't move around in the windows. So I was wondering if there was a way to find the files on my mac os that are on the windows os and transfer them? I am going to reformat my mac into 1 partition but don't want to lose my files. Thanks! (if anyone knows a solution to the trackpad not working in the windows partition but works on mac os partition that would be extremely helpfuul too!) I have a white macbook

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If Windows is not functioning correctly, why not try repairing Windows first? It sounds like you may be missing some drivers on the Windows side. With Windows running, insert your Leopard DVD or Snow Leopard DVD and reinstall drivers. Try that first.

If you want to reinstall OS X clean and need to backup your data, I suggest doing that with Time Machine to an external drive. After reinstalling, you can restore the Time Machine backup. But before you reinstall OS X remove the Windows partition by running the Boot Camp assistant. Select "create partition" and then select "restore". That will restore the hard drive back to one partition of OS X.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
There are also settings you have to set from within Windows... I think it's called "Bootcamp Preferences" or something like that. It should be in the system tray on the bottom right. My trackpad and a few other things wouldn't work until I went and turned on those features specifically.

OP
N
Reaction score
ok so I got my macbook working, but now I have one MAJOR problem which after reformatting everything still is there.

My keyboard like partly works. Somehow, some of the key's got remapped??! For example, to get my @ symbol, it somehow now is on the ] key??? and for my caps lock, when it is turned ON i have normal lowercase, but when turned OFF i have all caps??? This never happened before.

Is there a keyboard driver for mac os or something, or what would I do??!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.