Game online with your PSP

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
With Amaryllis connected to the Kai network, you can tunnel your psp's wireless signal through their network and game with others. And it's free.

Things you'll need:
Amaryllis - app
Kaid OS X - app
Ethernet cable to connect your mac to the internet
Airport Extreme card to connect to your psp to mac

Download Amaryllis:
http://www.nullriver.com/index/products/amaryllis

Download Kaid OS X:
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

Screenshots with instructions:
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9544

If any of you get it working and have the game Wipeout Pure, tell me and I play some games with you. I'm Xauner, if you ever bump into me on the network.

Note: Trust me, for us mac users, the setup is too simple compared to what the Winderz users have to do. They have to jump through hoops to get theirs working. There are more people complaining about how they can't get it to work than actual gamers on the network.

If you are having trouble with configuring, I might be able to help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
iWhat said:
With Amaryllis connected to the Kai network, you can tunnel your psp's wireless signal through their network and game with others. And it's free.

Things you'll need:
Amaryllis - app
Kaid OS X - app
Ethernet cable to connect your mac to the internet
Airport Extreme card to connect to your psp to mac

Download Amaryllis:
http://www.nullriver.com/index/products/amaryllis

Download Kaid OS X:
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

Screenshots with instructions:
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9544

If any of you get it working and have the game Wipeout Pure, tell me and I play some games with you. I'm Xauner, if you ever bump into me on the network.

Note: Trust me, for us mac users, the setup is too simple compared to what the Winderz users have to do. They have to jump through hoops to get theirs working. There are more people complaining about how they can't get it to work than actual gamers on the network.

If you are having trouble with configuring, I might be able to help.
Great find.... But Im still trying to connect my PSP to my wireless network. I can find my network just fine, but to test my connection from the PSP, its a no-go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Couldn't you do that with it standard?

OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
TTheInfamous1 said:
Great find.... But Im still trying to connect my PSP to my wireless network. I can find my network just fine, but to test my connection from the PSP, its a no-go.

You'll need to make sure that you tell the psp what kind of encryption you are using. If in fact, you are using encryption. Make sure you are right by the router to test the connection also. Sometimes the my psp can see the signal, but won't connect also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD
I'd add that if you have a WRT54G/GS or Compatible Buffalo Router...you can also use a modified firmware without having to run KAID on your Mac...or have an Airport installed either. You can find out more about doing that on Xlinks WRT54G support forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iWhat said:
You'll need to make sure that you tell the psp what kind of encryption you are using. If in fact, you are using encryption. Make sure you are right by the router to test the connection also. Sometimes the my psp can see the signal, but won't connect also.
I just have a few questions for you since I assume you have tried this. Is it possible to connect the PSP through the AirPort Extreme Card without the Amaryllis and the Kai set-up? Would I have to still connect an ethernet cable from my Mac to my internet connection? What type of configuring would I have to do if I can do this without all the other programs?

I'd like to know because, I'm having a h*ll of a time connecting my PSP to internet no mater what I do. Its been driving me nuts since launch of the PSP. Im beginning to think its my router. Its a brand new Linksys WRT54GX Wireless G with SRX. The PSP seems to use a 802.11b signal. Even though the router can pick up MIXED Signals b/g I still cant connect. I'd really hate to have to buy another router after spending so much on this one.

If you could help, I don't know what I can do to reapay you except thank you. I'm at my wits end here.

Much appreciated.

OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not sure, if there is a way to connect the PSP to the network without using Amaryllis and Kai. But in the attachment below, I have included instructions and pics, so you can set this up. This is the same exact way I set up my PSP to game online, so it should work for you. Hopefully! :eek:

It's the computer that you'll want to connect to the Internet using the ethernet cable. It's the PSP, which connects through the computer to game online wirelessly. So when you game with others, the PSP sends its info to the computer through the wireless signal, and the apps help tunnels the info to the Internet, through the ethernet cable. As far as the router, you don't need to configure anything on it. Only Windows users have to configure their router for the set up. So you don't need to worry about that, thank goodness you're using a mac, huh. The PSP communicates directly through the computer and never communicates through the router directly. So you're router is perfectly fine.

And if you do configure this successfully, go into the arenas and ask around, if anybody has successfully done this before. And if so, ask them to host a game for you to test out to see, if you did it right. Don't try this out with users who haven't got it to work yet, because you'll start to think that your configuration is still incorrect, when it most likely is correct.

Post back, if you still encounter problems.

View attachment psp.pdf

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iWhat said:
I'm not sure, if there is a way to connect the PSP to the network without using Amaryllis and Kai. But in the attachment below, I have included instructions and pics, so you can set this up. This is the same exact way I set up my PSP to game online, so it should work for you. Hopefully! :eek:

It's the computer that you'll want to connect to the Internet using the ethernet cable. It's the PSP, which connects through the computer to game online wirelessly. So when you game with others, the PSP sends its info to the computer through the wireless signal, and the apps help tunnels the info to the Internet, through the ethernet cable. As far as the router, you don't need to configure anything on it. Only Windows users have to configure their router for the set up. So you don't need to worry about that, thank goodness you're using a mac, huh. The PSP communicates directly through the computer and never communicates through the router directly. So you're router is perfectly fine.

And if you do configure this successfully, go into the arenas and ask around, if anybody has successfully done this before. And if so, ask them to host a game for you to test out to see, if you did it right. Don't try this out with users who haven't got it to work yet, because you'll start to think that your configuration is still incorrect, when it most likely is correct.

Post back, if you still encounter problems.
Thanks! I'll try it out tomorrow if I get some time and post up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.