Difficulty Upgrading Apps w/ Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" Imac, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16GHz, 1GB RAM, 250GB HD.
Recently installed Snow Leopard and everything was fine until I attempted to upgrade my Firefox browser to Ver 3.5. When I attempted to install I get the following message:

"The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items."

I checked Security in System Preferences, etc and didnt see anything obviously wrong. Any thoughts as to how to correct?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
did you try removing firefox, and then installing the new version?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8GHz 2GB RAM 500GB internal HDD + 1 TB Formac XTR External HDD - iPhone 3G 16 GB Black
I might be wrong but running the disk permissions on your drive after the upgrade might help with some of these issues. my firefox was updated yesterday and the v 3.5 works fine on my SL.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Excellent! Great to hear :) enjoy..... and any more dramas, let me know..... even though I'm a newbie to mac, yet alone computers, as a guitar teacher and dog trainer, I have a lot of time on my hands, and any drama that comes up that I can't resolve, I don't rest easy until I do, and I seem to be having a great run at resolving many issues that a newbie shouldn't be able to! LOL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.