Can't connect to the projector

Reaction score
Hi

I have a Macbook Pro (unibody), and I can't connect the computer to the projector. In system prefences can the computer see the NEC NP60 DLP projector but there isn't anything on the projection. It's totally blue.
How can I make it work ?

Best regards Oliver

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
What app are you try to show thru the projector and have you been into Sys Prefs/Displays to set the desired resolution for that projector.

OP
O
Reaction score
I'm trying to duplicate the screen to the projector. So i can run presentations with Keynote. In Sys/Pref/Displays i have set the desired resolution to 1024*768.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, make sure you're using the correct cable to the projector. Most modern projectors can take both DVI and VGA. The more expensive models can even accept HDMI. Your MBP uses a mini display port video output. You'll need an adapter to go from the video output port on the MBP to whatever input cable you're using for the projector. (VGA, DVI)

Next, you want to setup the MBP to "mirror" its internal display to the projector. If the maximum resolution of the projector is 1024 x 768, choose that during the setup. Also make sure you go through the projector menu and have the correct input set.

Setting up a projector at first requires a bit of work, but once it's done, the projector functions just like an external monitor. In reality, that's what it is.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
And then in Keynote/Prefs/Presenter Display you can choose to present on Primary or secondary display depending on how the Sys Prefs/Displays is set up viz which display do u have the menu bar on - Sets Primary display - as it can be dragged to either. Because i have a second monitor for normal use i have set up a separate User for Keynote with all preferences set for presentation [ and loading needed apps, such as the iPhone for controlling presentation see here for site] rather than change it all back and forth with one User.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.