Inquiries

Reaction score
Hey everyone :)

I've just ordered a White Macbook (My old PC is getting boring!) online but there's still some questions that's on my mind lately...

BATTERIES!

I look all over the internet and I see 'Battery Explodes,' 'Battery stopped working' etc. and it really freaks me out! :Shouting:

So...
How long is a Macbook battery going to last before it goes dead?

Also, on the Apple website it says a Macbook last 5 hours of wireless productivity but I'm wondering does that include watching movies or just doing nothing?

I . AM . SUCH . A . NEWBIE :Smirk:

What else is on my mind? Well, I was wondering what is the gaming performance for Macbooks? I read from people on game reviews say it's REALLY slow on Macbook while some say its AWESOMELY QUICK ... Really confused here...

Hmm...
That's all the questions I could think of so far, but when I do have a few more I'll be sure to ask again since this is really going to be the first time in my whole life using a Macbook... (I've been living under a rock for a while ...)

TY O:)

Reaction score
Hi, welcome to the forums...

First question, As long as you treat your battery well, it will serve you well.
That means, don't use it when you don't have to, and if you do use it, try not to empty it all the way.
Always make sure 20% or more stays in there and then charge it again.

And if you're not using your battery for a while, make sure it gets a full charge cycle once a month, again... not all the way to 0%.
Or take it out and storing it whilst holding 40% or more. (never in the freezer or fridge!!)

If you live by these rules, your battery should be able to last say 300 to 400 cycles before it starts to decrease in capacity.

Like Apple says your battery should last up to 5 hrs, internetting, texting... basic stuff.
Playing video however should be possible for 2,5 - 3 hrs.

Macbooks don't lend themselves to well for gaming, since all past MB's have integrated graphics adapters.
I've had one myself with the Intel GMAX3100, and you should really read some reviews if you want to play games on it.

Just to give you an indication, I played the first Halo for Mac on it, and it didn't do very well.

Hope this helps you...;D

Reaction score
You're welcome of course;D

Just keep visiting on a regular base, the more the merrier!:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.