DIR-628 (D-Link Router)

Reaction score
Hey,

So I just bought a D-Link RangeBooster N Dual Band router. It works for the ethernet, but the wireless does not.
There are three computers that need this network: Macbook, Macbook Pro and a PC. The PC can access the wireless just fine, but the Apples have an issue. For some reason when it tries to connect using AirPort, it accepts the password and thinks for a while before displaying a message regarding the connection timeout. So in the end it doesn't work.
I read somewhere that I should disable the "N" features of the router (and I have no idea how that is done or if that would work). Any ideas? I really don't know how to use the D-Link configuration settings.

Thanks in advance.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What encryption are you using? WEP? WPA? WPA2?

OP
X
Reaction score
so... i've been in communication with d-link through email
I've been trying various suggestions they offered, of which one worked:
taking off all security features. now the network is accessible for both apples. however, I still need some sort of security, and am trying to get help still.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.