Macbook pro 13in Fan problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 13in 2.26ghz,64gb ssd,4gb ram & iphone 4 16gb,ipod,ipod touch 2nd gen
Hi all,

after updating snow leopard to 10.6.1 i started having problem with the fan noise and heating before when i had snow leopard 10.6 it was quite like a mouse lol but now u can hear the fans noise like crazy and its heating up quick to has anyone have this problem after the update if anyone could help thanks am new to mac

OP
MrKay
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 13in 2.26ghz,64gb ssd,4gb ram & iphone 4 16gb,ipod,ipod touch 2nd gen
Does anyone know how to reset the SMC on a Mac Pro mid 2009 model 13in 2.26

OP
MrKay
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
o yeah one more thing i just checked the activity monitor and the
flash player (safari internet plug-in) %cpu is 68.1 i think that might be making it hot then again last time i checked it was was doing 36.1 and was still making noise and hot

Reaction score
I am having the exact same problem. I don't know exactly when I updated to 10.6.1, but I've started having the problem this weekend.

At first, I thought maybe something had been knocked loose, but my MBP never leaves my desk, I don't even ever touch it since I use an external keyboard/mouse

It first started when I was playing World of Warcraft. I stopped playing shortly after and shut it down for the night. The following morning, it was doing exactly the same thing while I was just watching a DVD

It's really annoying, especially considering it used to be real quiet :(

OP
MrKay
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
NumberSix try installing snow leopard again went to apple store 2day and they told me to reinstall snow leopard and see if the fan noise goes down and they told me because off the new os 10.6 its using its cpu power like crazy and i was like what by watching utube videos lol so i made an appointment on wed to see them o yeah 1 more thing 2day it seems to be a bit quite now and the cpu% 25 for flash player (safari internet plug in)
but i still can hear the noise of the fan will let u guys no what happens or if i can get the noise to stop i will let u no for now am not gonna reinstall snow leopard unless the the heat comes back up or the noise goes up again like crazy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.