How old is my mac?

Reaction score
Hello,
Is there a way to tell how old a mac is by the product number. I ordered a mac the other day (refurbished) and I was curious how old it was, since it is refurbished and all. I know it's a newer rebranded macbook with the sd slot so i know it isn't that old but I just thought i'd ask some other people more knowledgable.

Thanks,
Qua Sar

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Download the free cocoanutBattery from here. In addition to keeping you informed on your battery charge state and condition, it tells you how old your Mac is.

Regards.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You can also use Mactracker to search for your model. Just use System Profiler (/Applications/Utilities) to get the model identifier and look for it in Mactracker.

Reaction score
Download the free cocoanutBattery from here. In addition to keeping you informed on your battery charge state and condition, it tells you how old your Mac is.

Regards.

Can this coconut battery be trusted though, I had to install
my mac all over again, due to a linux install gone sour.

Now coconut tells me my mac is 8 months old, instead of 19.

I've had my mbp for 6 wks now, so I think that's à little out
of whack.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.