Macbook dvi to rca and svideo

Reaction score
I'm a newbie, so appologies if mess something up here. I want to output video to another tv. I purchased a dvi to rca and svideo adaptor. Not working. I took the macbook to an apple store, and after and hour and a half they finally told me that macbook will not output to those, olny vga. I have heard yes and no on this, what is the real deal. Has anyone made it work?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What year - model MacBook do you have? Or, what video output port does your MacBook use? For example: My early 2008 MacBook has a mini DVI output port. I use a mini DVI adapter to a DVI cable that connects direct to my external monitor. I could also use a mini DVI adapter to VGA since my external monitor also has a VGA input.

You also need to determine what inputs your TV has. Does it have HDMI? VGA only? DVI? And don't forget audio - you'll need a way to get audio to your TV not just the video.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.