Should I revert back to Tiger, or will Snow Leopard help me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 CD/2gb/120gb. iMac G5 1.8/2gb/120gb
Hi guys. I have been running Leopard for about five months, or so. It started off running really well on my MacBook 2 Ghz Core Duo (not C2D) with 2 GB of memory. Since about around the time of the Leopard update that switched to Safari 4.03 it has been running really sluggishly and has been pinwheeling a lot as well. I'm considering downgrading back to 10.4 because it has become really unbearable. I know that the Snow Leopard update is supposed to be a bit more streamlined. Would this be a worthwhile upgrade rather than downgrading back to Tiger?

Thanks!

Justin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
No matter what OS you use it will get sluggish if you do not do cleaning and maintenance, try Onyx and MainMenu. And increase memory as 2GB is minimum.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 CD/2gb/120gb. iMac G5 1.8/2gb/120gb
Well, my memory is already maxed-out at 2 GB. I do do maintenance on my machine, but Leopard runs like (excuse the vernacular,) crap. From what I've read Snow Leopard isn't any better (i.e. streamlined) than regular Leopard. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.