Switch Applications, hiding certain apps

Reaction score
http://willhostforfood.com/users/C/ChIkEn/Screen%20shot%202009-09-13%20at%206.33.16%20PM.png
(oops, sorry it was so big. Linked)

When I use the 4 finger swipe to change applications on my macbook, this shows up (like it should). But if you notice, the two furthest right apps are the Last.FM Scrobbler and Simplify Media client, both of those are apps that I don't want to show up (I never use this to access them, i use the top right menu..)

Is it possible to do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Got enough crap in your dock? Jeeeez! I don't think it's possible, but I hope it is. Anyway, give Quicksilver a try... yikes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
top right menu? you mean spotlight? never thought to use spotlight to access apps that are already running :) I just use cmd+tab (in your case you swipe) to access everything

oh and DR: some ppl just like to use the dock as much as possible :) ... I don't even use the new features of SL like expose just for one app only because the dock is too far away and empty :D :D

OP
G
Reaction score
Got enough crap in your dock? Jeeeez! I don't think it's possible, but I hope it is. Anyway, give Quicksilver a try... yikes.

I use a lot of applications every day, and I like having all my applications easilly available, and how the dock is wide/thin. It's just a preference.

top right menu? you mean spotlight? never thought to use spotlight to access apps that are already running :) I just use cmd+tab (in your case you swipe) to access everything

oh and DR: some ppl just like to use the dock as much as possible :) ... I don't even use the new features of SL like expose just for one app only because the dock is too far away and empty :D :D

I mean like, where you see the "as" and stuff in the file edit view bar. Not the spotlight feature..

I'll look into quicksilver and see if it helps, but i would appreciate more replies

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.