iChat question

I

iDVFH.

Recently I was looking for a Mac & PC chatroom to go into using iChat but I can't seem to find where to go to get the chat lineup (sorry for the ignorance) where do I go?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
iChat works just like aol AIM. The buddy list works the same way, and group chats as well can be set up just like they are in AIM

OP
J

Jefe3223

I've never found them. I believe they do not exist in ichat (i didn't know they were on aim, either, but you learn something new...). You can do a multi-chat that is similar to a chat room, but no chat room joiny thing have I ever found (i didn't know they existed out side of IRC anymore....). Lates.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I think you are getting Instant Messaging confused with IRC. IRC has Rooms, AIM, ICQ, Yahoo Messenger, MSN are chat programs for one on one or group chat but do not have a list of Chat Rooms like IRC. IChat is a Chat client that uses AIM and .Mac. If you want IRC with Chatrooms look for Conversation or Coloquy for OSX. They are IRC Chat clients and you can get a list of IRC Chat rooms from the IRC server. I recomend Coloquy. It's really nice and more finished than Conversation.

Hope that is what you were looking for.

OP
J

Jefe3223

Bah! You and your coloquy...
hahahaha Sorry, thought i'd inject my own laziness to download it as a spiteful attack, 'cause I'm over the internet and you can;t get me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I think the chat rooms you are looking for associated with AIM are on the aol website - that's how I accessed them in AIM before making my PC Linux only

OP
I

iDVFH.

thanks everyone..dtravis thats what i was afraid of lol..oh well..i was just sick of the AOL Mac & PC chat crowd..

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Jefe3223 said:
Bah! You and your coloquy...
hahahaha Sorry, thought i'd inject my own laziness to download it as a spiteful attack, 'cause I'm over the internet and you can;t get me.

:D Hey, blame it all on Schweb and Fearlessfreep! They turned me onto Coloquy!!

I like it a lot though!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.