It says it's connected. But it's not!

Reaction score
My girlfriend's macbook says it's on our network. But when you open safari, it says it's not connected to the internet. It's the new aluminum one running 10.5.8.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Thanks for sharing that. If you want help, you're gonna have to supply details and ask a question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
When Safari says it's not connected to the Internet, it will display a button that opens the Network Diagnostics utility.
Click on that button to open Network Diagnostics.
Do what Network Diagnostics says.
If that doesn't work, post back and tell us at which step ND failed.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that. If you want help, you're gonna have to supply details and ask a question.

Thanks Nick Burns.

The network Diagnostics was not much help. At the screen where it asked me to restart other devices, I click continue and it simply says it cannot fix it because it cannot connect to the internet. We've compared network settings side by side with my computer (which is currently working properly). Although all the settings appear identical, hers still will not connect to internet. But it IS connected to the wireless network. In fact I can see her computer in the sidebar of finder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
The network Diagnostics was not much help. At the screen where it asked me to restart other devices, I click continue and it simply says it cannot fix it because it cannot connect to the internet.

Did you, in fact, restart the other devices (router, cable/dsl modem, etc.)?

OP
B
Reaction score
I just reinstalled the system. Guess I'll never know what happened. Thanks for the help though! I appreciate it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.