Buying a new iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
Anyone know whats the standard shipping from ordering online from apple.com is like? Mainly if no one is home when the package is to be delivered? Will they just leave it or is a signature necessary and so it would then have to be picked up somewhere?

Not worried about price of shipping, more worried about if it will be left unattended by the door all day?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Anyone know whats the standard shipping from ordering online from apple.com is like? Mainly if no one is home when the package is to be delivered? Will they just leave it or is a signature necessary and so it would then have to be picked up somewhere?

Kind of hard to tell you the cost of shipping when we don't know where you live!!!;)

You could live next door to me...or be in Australia!;)

Your best bet is to go to the Apple website...and see what they say shipping costs. I believe signature is definitely necessary.

- Nick

Reaction score
Yea the signature is needed. If you are not home when delivered, you just have to go and pick it up. If it has happened before to you, I'm sure you know how to do all that. The shipping varies, but I built a macbook pro 13" and it said free shipping so it might be free and the 2-3 day shipping was about 20 dollars, I live in South Carolina. Hope it helped

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Well around here no one gives a crap about the signature, they just always leave a package out. It really digs under my skin when they don't ask for a signature when it says all box don't release without signature.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
For any order you make via the Apple Store requiring a signature, Apple provides a 'pre-signature' option. Basically it's just a form you can print out, sign and tack to your door. This way, FedEx (or whatever carrier you use) will be authorized to leave the item.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
For any order you make via the Apple Store requiring a signature, Apple provides a 'pre-signature' option. Basically it's just a form you can print out, sign and tack to your door. This way, FedEx (or whatever carrier you use) will be authorized to leave the item.

Well that's convenient...I didn't know about that!

Thanks for mentioning it,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.