Best way to Extend Wi-Fi range

Reaction score
I have an older iMac and want the very best way to extend my wi-fi connection. I live in a very small 3 story building on the ocean and have many hotels with free wi-fi all around me - but I can only get 1 bar connections.

I am willing to pay up to $200 for a high end antenna - that is better then the $40 a month for service.

If you have any ideas I am thankful for the advice.

Ian

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
So, to clarify, you want to somehow pick up a signal from a hotel that you probably shouldn't be using as you aren't a guest?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Since stealing Wi-Fi, even free Wi-Fi, is illegal in most places unless you are entitled to it's use (like actually staying in the hotel in question or actually being a Starbucks customer), I think this reminder might be apt for the OP since he is a n00b here at MF:

MF Community Guidelines said:
Don’t discuss or conduct content theft or any other illegal activity. Period. We follow U.S. law on the forums, so just because something might be legal in your country doesn’t mean it will be allowed here. If you’re ever in doubt, contact one of the moderators before you post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.